Wednesday 28 November 2012

CCTV Effects

As I have not yet shot all my footage for the complete editing, I have been creating the CCTV-like effects of my filming on Adobe After Effects with the help of this video.

Creating the flicker effect
First I opened a new composition, added the video –already cut- changed the tint and the framerate; then added noise and a timecode.
Then made a new layer black and added fractal noise and changed the width and contrast. I added it on to the composition and changed the opacity to 10% to imitate the flickering of real CCTV cameras.

Then, after looking at another video, I decided to add the animation preset "night vision",  changed the preset colour from green to a blue-y grey,and turned the opacity down put the venetetian blinds setting as "Bad TV 1: Warp" which added lines across the screen.
 

"night vision" effect
 

No comments:

Post a Comment