Monday 17 September 2012

Deciding on a track

In class we were given twenty two tracks to choose from, varying from all kind of sub genres; our task is to make a music video and two of the three options:
  • a website homepage for the band;
  • a digipak for the album’s release;
  • a magazine advertisement for the digipak
So far I've narrowed my choices down to track 16 and track 19. Track 16 has a dreamlike mysterious intro, breaking into a trip hop kind of sound, whereas 19 has quite dark, deep vocals steering more towards an industrial sound (but actually still quite trip hop, i'm not sure), I tried to add them on Soundcloud, but the copyright issues wouldn't allow me to. :(







Though I'm reasonably familar with both genres, I want to explore the aesthetics of their videos before choosing which to go with. My initial ideas for track 19 would be kind of inspired by the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Korn or Marlilyn Manson's visuals - quick shots to "shocking" imaged, snarled faces and dark make up, with mainly performance (not live) rather than concept. For track 16, I could use a lot of cold colours, ambient visuals and slow editing, with possiby both concept and performance involved in the video or kind of black and white, jazz imagery maybe.



Yeah - I'm definitely looking forward to this now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment