Tuesday 25 September 2012

Doppelherz by Marilyn Manson

I've been looking at lots of music videos this week but whilst I look to find specific bands (by going through different genre tags and 'similar artists' pages on last.fm) and videos to more closely analyse, I've been thinking about the colours and imagery which would suit this kind of sound. I'm not sure if I'm trying to make this more industrial than it is but I recently came across the short film Doppelherz by Marilyn Manson and the imagery is just really amazingly dark and interesting, I think that -along with David Lynch films- could be a lot of inspiration for my video, if that's possible. :)



Doppelherz from Marilyn Manson on Vimeo.

What I really like about this video is the repetitiveness of it: the instrumental track Thaeter is repeated as he talks a bizarre drone-like thought track which is both funny and actually quite thought provoking. More importantly, aesthetically I think that it kind of suits the music scene which I'm looking at with things like the colour scheme and idea of blues and cold colours mixed with dirty, grungy faded coloured imagery. The art director was hyper-realist artist Gottfried Helnwein.

When closer to making my music video, if still going in this kind of direction, I'll look at in more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment