Wednesday 31 October 2012

Advertisement/Album Art Idea

Recently, I found an old receipt that I had accidently got some perfume sprayed on it, it left little purple-y black marks where it had hit. I kind of experimented more with this and got lots of cool effects. 
(Taken with my webcam, so not the best quality)
I researched it and apparently it is due to the chemicals reacting with the ink as it is thermal paper, it also occurs if you hold a lighter underneath it. I'm trying out lots of different effects at the moment. I like how it looks and it does seem to link into some of the black and white, abstract looking album covers I've looked at; I think it could also continues a kind of dark theme, without getting too caught up in the aesthetics that heavier bands use.

Sprayed with perfume then scrunched up (left), folded and a lighter led underneath (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment